Jenny McCarthy Causes Autism

I’ve uncovered the dark secret that the anti-vaxxers don’t want you to know. I have discovered the true cause of increased diagnosis of autism in children. Autism isn’t caused by a long-disused preservative with no significant toxicity, or a conspiracy to slowly poison generations of children with surreptitious injections of harmful chemicals.

Autism is caused by exposure to Jenny McCarthy.

If you’re skeptical, it’s important to keep one thing in mind. The evidence supporting the conclusion that autism is caused by Jenny McCarthy is just as strong as the evidence linking autism to vaccines. Let’s start with some basic statistics.

Studies in the United States and the UK show that the rate of autism diagnosis has increased as much as 20% per year since the early 90s. They conclude that this is most likely caused by a combination of increased awareness, and reclassification of symptoms that had previously been seen as indicators of other conditions.

But here’s something that the investigators missed. Jenny McCarthy’s entertainment career began in 1993, when she landed a cover shoot in Playboy. Since then, she’s managed to sustain herself as a C-list celebrity, actress and, most recently, author of parenting books.

During the time that Jenny McCarthy has captured some fraction of the public’s attention, rates of autism diagnosis have continued to climb. Despite millions of dollars and thousands of hours of research, more and more parents every year are faced with the sad news that their child has been diagnosed with this dreaded, and incurable, developmental disorder.

Parents of children who have been diagnosed with autism are confused, frightened and overwhelmed. They can’t understand what is happening, and why it is happening to their families. McCarthy has worked hard to convince these desperate, vulnerable parents that there is a simple explanation for an otherwise inscrutable illness.

McCarthy’s determined activism is unsurprising. What better way could there be to shift attention from her own terrible secret than making impassioned accusations about dangerous vaccine conspiracies? And to continue to doggedly reiterate the same claims, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

Science has consistently shown that McCarthy’s claims about the dangers of vaccines are incorrect, and based on misinformation and misunderstanding about the manufacture, application and composition of vaccines. The claims that she makes are provably false, yet she clings to them with the resolve of a small child, determined to cast blame for breaking the family cookie jar on an absent sibling.

The most obvious evidence? McCarthy’s son is himself autistic! Who, aside from Jim Carrey, has had more sustained, intimate contact with McCarthy than the son whose diagnosis is the basis for her passionate autism advocacy? Her rate of giving birth to autistic children is, to date, 100%. Clearly, McCarthy has something to hide, and she’s attempting to conceal it in plain sight by loudly blaming modern medicine for something that she is powerless to control.

But she couldn’t suppress the truth forever. As her claims about vaccines become less and less supportable, the pattern becomes more obvious, until the conclusion is inescapable. A generation of parents has been exposed to McCarthy’s television shows, movies and books. Now, their children are paying the price.

Although the exact mechanism is unclear, there can be no doubt that increased exposure of the population to Jenny McCarthy has corresponded with a sharp rise in the diagnosis of autism. For the good of the children and their families, Ms. McCarthy, it’s time to retire from the public eye. Or, alternatively, come up with some evidence, any evidence, showing that vaccines are more likely to cause autism than you are. When you find it, I’m sure Oprah will be waiting to broadcast it.

EDIT: See the excellent new site Stop Jenny McCarthy for more on Jenny McCarthy and her persistent campaign of disinformation.

Discussion (21)¬

1. apple says:

hey i watched a jim carrey film on the same day my son got vaccinated soon after he regressed into autism,, what a dumb ass ive been .it wasnt 3 live viruses in an untested cocktail of fetal tisue, msg, sorbitol, aluminium and gelatin but exposure to the spouse of a playboy babe. i really must start taking science seriously.
    btw whats with “somalis with Autism in minisota” it ll be on oprah REAL soon
    see ya

• @apple – I’m not sure what you’re going for here. If you’re just being snarky, I apologize for not getting the joke. If (as I suspect) you’re making a comment about the contents of vaccines, I’d like to see some evidence of those ingredients.

2. @Oskar Kennedyhttp://www.rxlist.com/flumist-drug.htm – the flu vaccine (FluMist) does contain MSG. I suppose that means you want to get another vaccine only a few hours after the first one.

3. Jen says:

Nice. :)

4. @Waldorf Van Buren – Only if I get a free egg roll with my purchase.

5. @Oskar Kennedy – You want Pork or Vegetable? On a side note, I suppose the antivaxxers are right in not vaccinating their kids, because really, when have vaccines ever actually worked?

6. @Oskar Kennedy – What would be the side effects of that?

7. Jim Mullowney says:

Tell me I’m wrong

One man’s theory of the destruction of humanity, a theoretical account of the cause of cancer and autism.

I have been in the environmental disposal field for 20 years, starting out from college as a chemist for a waste disposal firm. I was out of the environmental field for almost 5 years, when I returned to the field in April of 2007, I was confronted with some new questions on how to dispose of some non regulated wastes from hospitals. The waste was mostly un-used pharmaceuticals.

Upon looking at the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for these materials I was troubled. Over my 20 years in the environmental business I have researched a lot of chemicals for their toxicology and what I discovered this past year terrifies me. An example is a common chemotherapy chemical (drug) Mustargen made by MERCK. On page one of the MSDS it states as a warning:
    May cause cancer
    May cause heritable genetic damage
    May cause harm to the unborn child
    Well at least they can’t say they didn’t tell us.

I hope that I am wrong and someone smarter than me can disprove my theory, however here it is.:

Over the last few months I have learned how chemotherapy drugs work, they are chemicals that have one job, they mutate genes, Hence the term, “mutagenic”. Effective because they get into the cells and mutating the DNA to kill the cancer; these drugs are non-dose dependent, which means that the amount you give a patient does not matter, I read that in an article in the August 20th 2007 Chemical and Engineering News.

These chemicals are administered to the patient in pico gram per liter concentrations. That translates into part per trillion, levels that are given to the patient; they work magnitudes less in the body, at a cellular level. This means that when a gene is mutated and the cell splits in two, the two new cells are mutated also, a.k.a, genetic engineering.

This is the problem I have: the chemical (drug) is administered to the patient at a level so low that the only way to measure it is by a series of dilutions. What happens to the rest of the chemical? It goes down the drain, into the sewer and septic systems. The waste water treatment plant does not remove the chemical, it cannot kill the chemical, because it is not alive, it is a chemical, a chemical with a job to mutate the human DNA.

What does this drug do when it enters the water supply? It is not selective, it does not discriminate. It does what it is designed to do which is to mutate genes. In goes into the water system and does its job. It mutates the genes of frogs so they have 5 legs, three eyes, no genitals, there have been many studies on the mutation of lower level planet dwellers what about humans?
    I am not saying that Chemotherapy Chemicals are the only Mutagenic Chemicals, many chemicals have a side effect of being possible Teratogen, or mutagen. I am saying Chemotherapy Chemicals ( Drugs) have only one job and that job is to mutate the genes of humans.

The disposal of unused drugs is only the tip of the problem. The absorption rate of most drugs is less than 10% and some less than 3% some even lower, so if you are taking chemotherapy most of the drug will pass thru your system and into the toilet, the saliva out of your mouth, or excreted thru your skin or out through your breath.
    Alcohol Breath smells like alcohol, Gasoline smells like Gas, Look up “Chemo Breath” on the internet

What is happening to the septic systems? Why is the good bacteria, (and bad bacteria), missing? Why are septic maintenance companies finding dead systems? What do they need to do to make them functional again? In August 2007, I was in Concord NH talking to a person that is a regulator of septic systems. I mentioned my theory and he made a disturbing comment. He said that the septic pump maintenance businesses are complaining that some of the systems are being destroyed by the human waste from a chemotherapy patient. The systems need to be rinsed and cleaned out before they will work again. What happens to the Chemo when the septic system fails, you guessed it, right into the well and the ground water.

Once again the genetically engineered drugs are doing their job.

Did I mention that these cancer curing drugs are also carcinogens, yes that means they cause cancer, and they are administered to the patient in pico gram per liter quantities. That means very small. (If you stack dollar bills like a deck of cards a trillion of them would reach from Boston to Ohio). That means one of those dollars between Boston and Ohio is a part per trillion. Did I mention these chemicals are non dose dependant. That means it does not matter how much or how little you are exposed to — you are exposed. I found that that information also in Chemical and Engineering News.

This is where I get very scary.

In 2002 the US geological survey looked for Pharmaceuticals in ground water; in 80% of the places they looked they found what they were looking for. Granted the levels were low, parts per trillion, pico gram per liter. Do you follow me yet? Part per trillion in ground water, part per trillion administered to cancer patient, mutagenic drug.

Ok this is the part that will get me knocked off by a Big Pharma lobbyist.

In November 2007 a study was announced that stated that Autism is a genetic disorder that is not hereditary.

How do you get a genetic disorder that is not hereditary?

You mutate the genes.

How do you mutate genes?

Chemotherapy Chemicals doing their job.

We cracked the human genome 10 years ago; we started genetic engineering using designer chemicals to cure diseases, chemicals that are effective at a molecular level. The waste from manufacturing these mutagenic, and teratogenic drugs sent down the drain (mutagenic affects you when you are alive, teratogenic affects you before you are alive, in the womb)

Autism has increased 10 times in the last 10 years. It now affects 1 in 150 children. I read an article that it affects 1 in 60 in Northern New Jersey. Northern NJ also has the greatest concentration of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers in the world.

Genetic engineering has been growing ten fold and so has Autism, those pesky little chemicals are doing their job, changing DNA to cure cancer. As well as changing the DNA of our Children and our Future.

Are you scared yet?

I am

Ask everyone you know who has an autistic child if someone close to them has had chemotherapy, I have two friends with autistic children, and both had family members undergo chemotherapy before their child was born.

This is one Chemists Theory

Jim Mullowney

• That’s quite a chain of assumptions that I’m not remotely qualified to evaluate. That said, the studies I’ve read about (including the two that I linked to) seem to show pretty clearly that the rise in diagnosis of autism is directly related to expanded diagnostic criteria that includes a broader spectrum of symptoms, combined with increased awareness of parents and doctors. If you are that sure that there’s a human caused environmental basis for the disorder, I’d suggest that you try to get someone to test your hypothesis. I’m sure the results would be interesting.

8. z8alia says:

Look up cell lines WI-38 and MRC-5. Do some research bud _http://www.cogforlife.org/wi-38.htm

9. z8alia says:

@z8alia

…in response to doubt of fetal tissue in vaccines.

• Ah, but I didn’t have to do the research, since I wasn’t the one making the claim. And besides, I only had to wait a little while, and you came along and helpfully provided some evidence, like I asked. Thanks for that.

And, for the record, I wasn’t just questioning the fetal tissue. I asked about all the ingredients claimed by the commenter.

Now, I have another question. What does this have to do with autism, exactly? Is the claim that this component of these vaccines causes autism? Or is it just moral button-pushing, unrelated to the original debate?

10. z8alia says:

Hey Oskar McSnarkity (just kidding – smart ass runs in the family and I couldn’t resist :D)…no moral button pushing. Everyone has a right to their own moral/spiritual/religious views. I just wanted to provide you with the evidence you requested in you earlier posts about ingredients. Here is an article that you might find interesting: _http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2004/10/16/mercury-part-nine.aspx

• I did find that article interesting, but not for the reason you might think. It’s actually a great example of the exact things that anti-vaccination campaigners get wrong about vaccines and autism.

Yes, methyl mercury is poisonous. But it’s not instantly deadly. It acts because it builds up in the body over time. However, vaccines have never contained methyl mercury. Thimerosal contains small amounts of ethyl mercury, which the body is able to expel fairly quickly.

I’m not a chemist, though, so I’m not going to wrangle too much on that point. The big thing, though is that Thimerosal hasn’t been used in childhood vaccines in the U.S. since 1997. It’s been more than a decade since the ethyl mercury was removed from the vaccines, yet autism rates continue to climb. That, to me, suggests strongly that there isn’t a connection.

Thanks for the link. Here’s one for you. I hope you enjoy it.

11. z8alia says:

That was a good article – but it left out some important information about brain deposits left by ethyl (by both actually):

“Ethylmercury vs. Methylmercury

[Ethylmercury is found in vaccines. When the toxicity of Methylmercury is produced vaccinators will usually counter with the comment Ethylmercury is totally different and safer.]

Several pages of the paper examine the toxicity of methylmercury and its past use as a fungicide. We are led to believe that this form of mercury is much different than ethylmercury, the type found in vaccines. This is in spite of the fact that ethylmercury was used for the same purpose. In fact, Ethylmercurric Chloride, the material used as a fungicide (which was banned long ago) is what is used to make thimerosal. This can be easily confirmed by looking in a Merck Index. We now know that this type of mercury deposits twice as much inorganic mercury in the brains of primates as compared to equal doses of methylmercury (4). Inorganic mercury, following the de-methylation of organic mercury, has been identified as the primary neurotoxic agent in primate studies (5). ”

_http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ethyl_vs_methyl.html

• Like I said, I’m not qualified to debate the chemistry of ethyl vs. methyl mercury. However, that’s rendered irrelevant by the fact that Thimerosal, the preservative that contained the mercury, was removed from childhood vaccines in 1997. Despite that, autism diagnoses continue to increase. How can mercury in vaccines be responsible for autism if the removal of mercury, not to mention the increased number of parents who are refusing to vaccinate their kids, hasn’t stemmed the increase in autism?

12. z8alia says:

Who told you Thimerosal was removed from ALL vaccines? It looks like you read one article and made the assumption that everything you read is true. Thimersoral is still contained in numerous vaccines. Below is a list of vaccines and their ingredients. I also included an article that discusses the Ernergix-B vaccine that newborns receive that contains Thimersoral.

_http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/958563/engerixb_hepatitis_b_vaccine_ingredients.html?cat=70

_ http://www.informedchoice.info/cocktail.html

Below is the GlaxoSmithKline 2005 ingredient disclosure for their Engerix-B vaccine. The last sentence is priceless. How much is a ’small’ amount?

INGREDIENTS:
    The active ingredient of
    ENGERIX-B is the surface protein
    of the hepatitis B virus, derived
    from genetically engineered yeast
    cells. The vaccine is not
    infectious, and will not give you
    the hepatitis B virus.
    Inactive ingredients in the vaccine
    are: aluminium hydroxide, sodium
    phosphate, sodium chloride (salt),
    sodium acid phosphate,
    polysorbate 20 and water. A very
    small amount of thiomersal may
    also be present.

_ http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcmed.nsf/pages/gwcengrv/$File/gwcengrv.pdf

• Actually, I’ve seen the 1997 date from several sources, but I’ll concede that it isn’t quite so cut and dried. It would be more correct to say that Thimerosal in childhood vaccines has been reduced, and in most cases eliminated, over the last 9 years or so.

However, the larger point remains. Thimerosal use in childhood vaccines has been reduced, and more parents are opting out of vaccination, but autism diagnoses continue to rise. If Thimerosal causes autism, how can less exposure to Thimerosal lead to more incidents of autism? Shouldn’t reduced exposure to Thimerosal mean that fewer children get autism?

Since we’re trading links again, here is the ingredient disclosure for the same vaccine in 2006:
      “Each 0.5-mL dose contains 10 mcg of hepatitis B surface antigen adsorbed on 0.25 mg aluminum as aluminum hydroxide. The pediatric formulation contains sodium chloride (9 mg/mL) and phosphate buffers (disodium phosphate dihydrate, 0.98 mg/mL; sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, 0.71 mg/mL).”